Follow this artist to receive updates every time they post new work.
Originally from Albury, New South Wales, I moved to Melbourne (where I now live) to study graphic design, graduating from Swinburne University. After working in the graphic arts industry for fifteen years, I made the leap into the fine art world in 2007 whilst also being a full-time stay at home father (which I still am!). Over the years I have worked in various mediums including acrylic, oil paint and linoprinting, but fell in love with stencil painting. Completely self taught (it’s not the kind of thing they teach at art school!) I now focus entirely on stencil art, which I have sold all over Australia and the world.
Stencil art is a complex technique that incorporates several artistic skills from photography, digital art/manipulation, detailed hand cutting, spray painting and finally hand painting details/highlights etc (oh, and I quite often stretch my own canvases!). In a way it’s another form of printing, which allows me to do different iterations of a painting with the same set of stencils. If there is any images on my profile that are sold or if you would like to personalise to suit your needs, please feel free to ask me and I will try to accommodate your request.
• Stencil Art Prize travelling exhibition 2019/20
• Summer Show- Hawthorn Studio Gallery 2018/19
• Hong Kong Art Fair – Manyung Gallery 2017
• “Stories” Yard Furniture 2016
• “Metropolis” Manyung Gallery 2016
• Singapore Art Fair – Manyung Gallery 2016
• Gallipoli Art prize exhibition 2016
• Finalist: Stencil Art Prize – 2019 (international prize)
• Finalist: Lethbridge Gallery 20,000 for small works – 2019 (international prize)
• Finalist: Gallipoli Art Prize – 2016 (national prize)
• Semi-Finalist: $150,000 Signature of M Art Prize – 2008 (national prize)