“I am a stencil artist. I love the flexibility the technique offers, and the different effects I can achieve using it. I love that it combines a wide range of artistic disciplines – from photography, digital art/manipulation, hand cutting of detailed stencils, spray painting, and finally hand painted brushwork and collage. I love the challenge of bringing all of these different disciplines together to create a finished piece that invites an emotional response, but also the opportunity for the viewer to look beyond the colours and composition to see hidden details, extra meaning or unexpected touches.”
Originally from Albury, New South Wales, Geoff moved to Melbourne (where he now lives) to study graphic design, graduating from Swinburne University. After working in the graphic arts industry for fifteen years, he made the leap into the fine art world in 2007 whilst also being a full-time stay at home father.
Geoff has worked with various mediums including acrylic, oil paint and lino-printing, but fell in love with stencil painting and it’s possibilities. Completely self taught, Geoff now focuses entirely on stencil art, which he has have sold all over Australia and the world.
If there are any images on Geoff’s profile that are sold or if you would like to personalise to suit your needs, please feel free to contact Geoff and he will try to accommodate your request.
Geoff is also able to work with you to create a commission from just about any reasonable quality photo you may have – from a favourite holiday shot to a family portrait.
• Stencil Art Prize travelling exhibition 2019/20/21
• Summer Show- Hawthorn Studio Gallery 2018/19
• Hong Kong Art Fair – Manyung Gallery 2017
• “Stories” Yard Furniture 2016
• “Metropolis” Manyung Gallery 2016
• Singapore Art Fair – Manyung Gallery 2016
• Gallipoli Art prize exhibition 2016
• Finalist: Stencil Art Prize – 2019/20 (international prize)
• Finalist: Lethbridge Gallery 20,000 for small works – 2019 (international prize)
• Finalist: Gallipoli Art Prize – 2016 (national prize)
• Semi-Finalist: $150,000 Signature of M Art Prize – 2008 (national prize)
No more Artwork found
No more Artwork found