Gayundah - On the Beach is a large landscape wall artwork on stretched canvas, unframed, ready to hang.
Gayundah - On the Beach was a flat-iron gunboat originally operated by the Queensland Maritime Defence Force and eventually with the Royal Australian Navy (as HMAS Gayundah). She entered service in 1884 and was decommissioned and sold in 1921, and served as a sand and gravel barge in Brisbane until the 1950s, when she was scrapped. She was run around at Woody Point near Redcliffe in 1958 to serve as a breakwater structure, and remains there to this day.
The title for this painting references that "On the Beach" is a Royal Navy term which means "retired from the service".